NEW Mixed Mode HySpere phases added!! See extended list below.
The HySphereTM cartridge range has been specially developed for the SymbiosisTM / Prospekt online SPE system. The sorbents are exclusively developed by Spark to ensure optimal efficiency and reproducibility for a wide range of compounds. The most important feature is the size of the sorbent particles, which is < 10 µm (for most sorbents), as compared to 40 µm in traditional SPE tubes.
The elution volume of the 8 µm cartridge is much smaller, resulting in higher concentration of the analyte and, consequently, higher assay sensitivity. Furthermore, the small particles enable a higher sample loading speed, thus reducing the cycle time.
The selection of sorbents for the HySphereTM range is based on proven performance quality for online SPE and guaranteed control of physical and chemical characteristics such as particle size distribution, absence of fines, batch-to-batch reproducibility etc. Every batch of HySphere SPE cartridges with small particles is tested for its extraction and elution performance by measuring plate number and retention of a test substance. A 'Certificate of Analysis' comes with every box of cartridges.
Available HySphere Phases:
- HySphere Resin SH (SH = Strong Hydrophobic) This is a modified polystyrene-divinylbenzene phase, 20-50µm particles, irregular shape. This highly porous polymer based resin adsorbs compounds very strongly. It is often used for the extraction of phenols and polar analytes or for the extraction of a wide range of all different compounds.
- HySphere C18-SE is an end-capped silica based octadecyl phase. Particle size is 7 µm.
- HySphere C2-SE is a silica based ethyl phase. Particle size 7 µm.
- HySphere CN-SE is a silica based cyanopropyl phase. Particle size 7 µm.
- HySphere C8 EC-SE is an endcapped silica based octyl phase. Particle size 10 µm.
- HySphere C18 HD (HD = High Density) is an end-capped, silica based phase with a high loading of octadecyl chains. The particle size is 7 µm, spherical shape. This phase is less polar then HySphere C18 (EC).
- HySphere Resin GP (GP = General Phase) is a polydivinyl-benzene. The particle size is 5-15 µm, spherical shape. This polymer phase can be used for the extraction of a wide variety of compounds.
- HySphere MM anion (MM = Mixed Mode) is a mixed mode anion exchanger with a polydivinyl-benzene backbone. The average particle size is 10 µm. This polymer phase can be used for the extraction of organic acids.
- HySphere MM cation (MM = Mixed Mode) is a mixed mode cation exchanger with a Polydivinyl-benzene backbone. The average particle size is 10 µm. This polymer phase can be used for the extraction of basic compounds
- NEW: HySphere MM weak anion (MM = Mixed Mode) is a water wettable polyamino DVB phase with weak anion exchange and reverse phase functionality. This phase allows selective surface charge tuning by mobile phase pH. Ideal for retention of compounds with a permanent negative charge. Average particle size is 10 µm.
- NEW: HySphere MM weak cation (MM = Mixed Mode) is a weak cation exchange resin with a Polydivinyl-benzene backbone providing additional reversed phase functionality. Organic acid functional groups allow selective surface charge tuning by the mobile phase pH. Ideal for retention of compounds with a permanent positive charge such as quaternary amino compounds. Average particle size is 10 µm.