The built-in trap also expands the capability to use a reactant gas (like oxygen and air), and perform thermal desorption on sorbent tubes or larger samples. The 6200 also permits direct pyrolysis to the GC in GC carrier gas. The 6200 is equipped with Drop-In-Sample-Chamber (DISC) technology with easy sample loading and 1.5% RSD.
Pyrolysis is a thermal decomposition process of organic material at elevated temperatures in an anaerobic environment. It involves the cleavage of large complex molecules into smaller, more analytically useful fragments by the thermal energy.
CDS Analytical released the first commercial analytical pyrolyzer (Model 100) in late 60s, and has been proudly making world's best pyrolyzers for over 50 years. Our products have evolved through 6 generations and represent the industries highest standard.
● Newly Designed Oven with High Temperature Valve - The newly designed valve oven guarantees the sample path is evenly heated without cold spots. A heating temperature of 350 °C assures minimal carry over.
● Windows 10 Compatible Software - The 6th generation CDS Pyroprobe has completely redesigned software for modern PC systems. It is also backward compatible with Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
● Built-In Leak Check - This feature allows you to carry out pyrolysis studies with peace of mind. The self diagnosis capabilities can identify the leaking zones when attempting to trouble shoot the system.
● Easy Maintenance - The 6200 is designed with quick access panels for easy diagnosis and quick exchange of parts to minimize instrument downtime.
● Touch Screen Interface - The CDS 6200 Pyroprobe has the industry leading user interface through a high resolution 4.5" touch screen.
● Versatile Accesories - The 6200 comes with a Multi-Purpose Rail Mount (MPRM) to allow easy mounting of optional accessory modules, such as the Autosampler, 1/2" manual probe and 1//4" ribbon probe.
● Powerful Library - The CDS library has 500+ industry standard polymers and 500+ polymer additives. This powerful library helps to address the need to identify unknown compounds from pyrolysis.
The 6200 is equipped with the revolutionary Drop In Sample Chamber (DISC) sample loading system. This system makes the loading of pyrolysis tubes a quick and trouble-free operation.
The DISC system is using a novel DISC tube to simplify the sample preparation process. No quartz wool is needed and the sample filling is as easy as dropping a straw into a drink.
The DISC system brings an amazing 1.5% RSD for 5 run pyrolysis of Polystyrene at 600 °C by holding 0.1 °C temperature accuracy and calibrated temperature precision.
The 6000 series Pyroprobe adopts the computer aided Finite Element Analysis in the sample pathway development. The system could reach C55 for pyrolyzing Polyethylene through GC with a single quad mass-spec.
At Kovalent we strive to establish and develop long-term partnerships with our customers. When we use the word “partnership” we mean that Kovalent becomes an integral part of our customers’ projects, where we are expected to fully understand their application needs. We aim to make Kovalent our customers’ first and natural choice, and this ambition permeates our entire organisation from initial contact to finished and delivered product.
Genetec is a member of the same family of companies as Kovalent. Both companies share the same set of values and are in many ways integrated with each other. The main difference between the two companies are their products. Kovalent is involved in system solutions including instrumentation and Genetec is mainly working with consumables. The focus of Genetec is chromatography accessories. You are welcome to visit their state of the art web shop: genetec.se